Embracing the Truth of the Resurrection - I Corinthians 15
Embracing the Truth of the Resurrection
I Corinthians 15:1-4; 12-22
What if the Resurrection is False? – I Corinthians 15:1-4; 12 – 18
- The Gospel would not be preached – 15:1 – 4
- Christ would still be in the grave – 15:12 -13
- Our preaching would be in vain – 15:14
- It would make God and the apostles liars – 15:15
- There would be no hope after death – 15:16
- We would still be lost in our sin – 15:17
- All dead believers in Christ would be in hell - 15:18
- We would be miserable and considered fools – 15:19
Application: Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die could be the motto of our lives.
What if the Resurrection is True? – I Corinthians 15:20 – 22;
- We celebrate a risen Savior – 15:20 - 22
- We have an abundant and purpose filled life – 15:58
- We have forgiveness of sin and the removal of guilt and shame – I John 1:9
- We can rest fully on the Word of God – 2 Timothy 3:16
- We know who the true God is – John 14:9
- We can enjoy all of the benefits of the power of the resurrection – Colossians 2:12
- We have the evidenceto show that the resurrection is true
- Historical Evidence
- Empirical Evidence
- Experiential Evidence
- Biblical Evidence– Acts 2:22-24
Application: Receive and live in the reality of the Gospel now into eternity
Key Thought: What will you do with the reality of the resurrection of Christ?
Questions to Ponder this Week
- If the Gospel is true have you embraced it?
- As a Christ follower, are you being changed in new ways because of the resurrection?
- As a Christ follower, are you filled with gratitude because of the power of the resurrection you are experiencing in your life?