I Am the Resurrection and the Life - John 11:1 - 16
I Am the Resurrection and the Life
John 11:1 – 16
Seven Messianic Claims
- 1. I Am the Bread of Life – Chapter 4
- 2. I Am the Light of the World – Chapter 8
- 3. I Am the Door of the Sheep – Chapter 10
- 4. I Am the Good Shepherd – Chapter 10
- 5. I Am the Resurrection and the Life – Chapter 11
- I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life – Chapter 14
- I Am the True Vine – Chapter 15
Purpose #1 for this story: For the glory of God and Jesus Christ – John 11:1 – 4
- The request: Come heal our brother – John 11:1-3
- The response: I will come to glorify the Father – John 11:4
Application: Is your desire in your walk with Christ to give Him the glory alone?
Purpose #2 for this story: To strengthen the faith of His disciples – John 11:5-16
- Jesus waits to raise Lazarus – John 11:5 - 6
- Jesus willingly goes to Jerusalem to finish His ministry – John 11:7 - 10
- Jesus warning that Lazarus is already dead – John 11:11-16
Application: When and how recently has your faith been strengthened?
Key Thought: God’s perfect timing is meant to bring the greatest glory to the Father and the best for His chosen children
Three Questions to Ponder
- Are you willing to wait for God’s perfect timing?
- Are you giving God all the glory He deserves?
- In what area of your life today do you need your faith strengthened
“I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn’t need any advice from me. With God in charge I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So there is nothing to worry about.” - Henry Ford