Jesus Before Pilate: What is Truth? - John 18:28-40
Jesus Before Pilate – What is Truth?
Pilate’s encounter with the Jewish religious leaders – John 18:28-32
- What is the offense? – John 18:28-29
- Will you execute Jesus for us? – John 18:20 – 32
Application: Hatred left unchecked always leads to a rush to judgment
Pilate’s encounter with Jesus; the King of the Jews – John 18:33 – 40
- Are you the King of the Jews?
- Where is your kingdom?
- What is truth?
- Should I release Jesus; the King of the Jews?
Application: Hatred leads to rejecting the truth and causes ugly consequences
Key Thought: Jesus faces the full measure of the world and Satan’s hatred and is resolved to trust in God by His acceptance of the verdict.
Questions to Ponder this Week
- How do you avoid the rush to judgment when filled with rages of anger and hatred?
- How do you avoid being blind to the truth when you react to those who mistreat you?
- What will you do this week to have the attitude Jesus displayed in the face of the full fury and wrath of hatred unleashed upon Him?