Jesus Intercessory Prayer: His Unanswered Prayer - Part One - John 17:1-12
Jesus Intercessory Prayer: His Unanswered Prayer – Part One
John 17:1 – 12
May the Father be revered – John 17: 1-5
- Through ending of Jesus life – 17:1-2a
- Through the giving of eternal life – John 17:2b-3
- Through Jesus exaltation – John 17:4-5
Application: Is your relationship with the Father becoming more intimate day by day?
May Christ followers have an eternal place reserved for them – John 17:6-12
- The evidence of belief – John 17:6 – 8
- The eternal preservation – John 17:9-12
Application: Are you drawing closer to God with your trust as you sense the Father’s hand of protection?
Key Thought: May we honor God with our lives as we rest in His eternal protection
Three Questions to Ponder this Week
- How sincerely are you honoring the Father with your words, attitudes and behavior?
- How well do you know your Heavenly Father?
- Are you living confidently that you are kept and guarded by the Father into eternity?
And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent