Jesus on Trial - John 18:12-27
Jesus on Trial
John 18:12 – 27
The Unjust ridicule – John 18:12 – 14;19-24; I Peter 2:21-24
- Jesus examination before Annas
- Jesus examination before the Jewish Council
- Jesus examination before Pontus Pilate *
- Jesus examination before Herod Antipas
- Jesus examination before Pontus Pilate and the people *
Application: How we respond to personal injustice reveals our level of Christian maturity.
The Rejection of Jesus – John 18:15 – 18; 25 – 27; Matthew 26:69-75; Mark 14:66-72; Luke 22:32; 54–62
- The shameful rejection of Jesus
- The symbolismof the crowing of the rooster
- The call to Peter that God was in control of the situation
- The call for Peter to repent
- The call to Peter that this was the dawning of a brand-new day
Application: How we respond when faced with the opportunity to turn from Jesus reveals our level of commitment to Christ?
Key Thought: Which will it be for you and I?
- Submission in the face of injustice
- Or rejection in the face of persecution?
Three Questions to Ponder This Week
1. How are we doing trusting God to make unjust things just in His time?
2. Do we find that we don’t want to talk about Jesus and spiritual things to avoid the possible negative responses?
3. Do we have the depth of commitment to stay strong in our faith when faced with personal injustice and persecution for our faith?