Nehemiah Prepares to Fulfill the Vision - Nehemiah 2:9-20
Nehemiah Prepares to Fulfill the Vision
Nehemiah surveys the work - Nehemiah 2:11-16
- A great leader identifies the vision for himself – 2:11-12,16
- A great leader sees the immensity of the vision - 2:13 - 15
Application: Do you sense at times the impossibility to fulfill what God is telling you to do?
Nehemiah shares the vision for the work – Nehemiah 2:17-18
- The awareness of the need to rebuild –2:17a
- The ask to rebuild –2:17b
- The affirmation to rebuild –2:18
Application: How can you or are you currently joining in with the Body of Christ to fulfill the vision of the church?
Nehemiah saw opposition to the work – Nehemiah 2: 9-10, 19 – 20
- The fear of the success of the vision – 2:9-10
- The false accusations against the vision – 2:19
- The forceful response to the skeptics – 2:20
Application: How well do you handle opposition in the face of being confident you are doing God’s will?
“Nehemiah: Man in Charge”
Donald K. Campbell’s twenty-one leadership factors from his book
1. He established a reasonable and attainable goal.
2. He had a sense of mission.
3. He was willing to get involved.
4. He rearranged his priorities in order to accomplish his goal.
5. He patiently waited for God’s timing.
6. He showed respect to his superior.
7. He prayed at crucial times.
8. He made his request with tact and graciousness.
9. He was well prepared and thought of his needs in advance.
10. He went through proper channels.
11. He took time (three days) to rest, pray, and plan.
12. He investigated the situation firsthand.
13. He informed others only after he knew the size of the problem.
14. He identified himself as one with the people.
15. He set before them a reasonable and attainable goal.
16. He assured them God was in the project.
17. He displayed self-confidence in facing obstacles.
18. He displayed God’s confidence in facing obstacles.
19. He did not argue with opponents.
20. He was not discouraged by opposition.
21. He courageously used the authority of his position.
Key Thought: The vision God gives us is meant to be put in writing and shared with others?
Questions to ponder this week?
- Do you have clarity for 2019 of what God wants you to do for Him and for others?
- Do you have a written plan that helps you to carry out God’s desire for you in 2019 step by step?
- Are you anticipating the opposition in order to fulfill what God wants you to do in 2019?
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.