Nehemiah's Humble Generosity - Nehemiah 5:14-19
Nehemiah’s Humble Generosity
Nehemiah 5:14 – 19
The right to claim his privilege – Nehemiah 5:14 – 15a
- Nehemiah’s credentials
- Nehemiah’s compassion
Application: Servant leaders identify with their followers.
The reason to be generous – Nehemiah 5:15b – 16a
- Fear of God
- Favorably serve with his people
Application: Servant leaders care for the needs of their people.
The rendering of generosity – Nehemiah 5:16b -19
- I acquired no land for myself
- I ate with the workers at no expense for them
- I asked for remembrance of my good deeds
Application: Servant leaders give of themselves.
Key Thought: Serving others with the right motive will always cost you something in exchange for joy
Questions to Ponder this Week
- Are you keeping balanced in your perspective of who you are in relation to others?
- Do you have a caring heart for those who are following you?
- Do you regularly give of yourself using your time or talent or treasure or a combination of all three?