Nehemiah's Prayer of Compassion - Nehemiah 1:5 - 11
Nehemiah’s Prayer of Compassion
Nehemiah 1:5 – 11
Nehemiah cared enough to ask– 1:1-3
- The love for his people
- The understanding of the need of his people
Application: Is our first response to a need for our neighbors and God’s Kingdom compassion?
Nehemiah cared enough to weep – 1:4
- He despaired over the ruins
- He determined to feel what God felt for His people.
Application: Do we comfort those by the comfort we have received by the Holy Spirit?
Nehemiah cared enough to pray – 1:5-10
- He acknowledged the greatness of God – 1:5-6a
- He acknowledged the sin of his people and himself – 1:6b - 7
- He acknowledged the desperate plea to intervene. - 1:8-10
Application: In our time of need do we invite God to intervene in the process?
Nehemiah cared enough to volunteer– 1:11
- He was willing to fulfill the vision
- He was willing to take a risk to fulfill the vision
- He was willing to take the lead to fulfill the vision
Application: Are we willing to do our part to help solve the need?
Key Thought: Will you join the team to rise up and build!!
Questions to Ponder this Week
- When was the last time you came to God desperate for Him to touch your heart or answer your prayer?
- When was the last time you spent an extended in prayer to seek hard after God?
- When your name is called to volunteer, will you respond to service motivated by your love for Christ?