Satan's Short-Lived Victory - John 19:31-42
Satan’s Short – Lived Victory
Preparation for the Sabbath – John 19:31 – 37
- The death of the two criminals
- The death of Jesus
Application: The eyewitness to the truth of Jesus death compels us all to believe in Him.
Preparation for the Burial of Jesus – John 19:38 – 42
- The boldness of the disciples in hiding
- The honoring of the body of Jesus
Application: Are you and I willing to be bold and courageous about who you believe in?
Key Thought: We do not need to hide the truth of what we believe knowing that our enemy is destined for defeat.
Questions to Ponder this Week
- Are the facts of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ sufficient to remove any doubts about your faith?
- Does the boldness of these disciples who were in hiding give you great confidence when it comes to sharing your faith and beliefs?
- Are you walking with the confidence that you are destined to win?