The Results of the Census - Nehemiah 10:1-12:26
The Results of the Census
Nehemiah 10:1 – 12:26
The People’s commitment to the contract with God – 9:38 – 10:27
- They put their names on the line
- They made sacrifices to fulfill the contract
Application: Are we willing to put our character and reputation on the line for God?
The People’s obligation to fulfill the contract with God – 10:28-39
- Chastity in marriage – 10:28-30
- Conformity to the commands of God – 10:31
- Choosing faithfulness in giving tithes and offerings – 10:32-35
- Care and support for their pastoral leadership – 10:36 – 38
- Care and support for their house of God – 10:39
Application: Are there specific areas of our lives that are off limits to God?
The People in leadership named to govern the contract with God – 11:1 – 12:26
- The structure of society must be orderly
- The establishment of godly leadership is vital
Application: Do we understand and accept God’s authority in our lives?
Key Thought: Are we giving ourselves over to God out of love or duty?
Questions to Ponder this Week
- How are you nurturing your marriage this week?
- How are you matching your life to what you read in God’s Word this week?
- How are you being faithful to do your part to care and support God’s house?