The Revival of the Israelites - Nehemiah 9:1-21
The Revival of the Israelites
The recognition and confession of sin – 9:1-2
- The signs of repentance – 9:1
- The separation from sin – 9:2
Application: Are we seeking to be holy and blameless in our lives?
The reading of the law and worship – 9:3-6
- The power of the Word – 9:3a
- The plea for forgiveness – 9:3b
- The praise of a worthy God – 9:4-6
Application: Are you seeking a new sensitivity to the Spirit of God?
The retelling and remembrance of God’s faithfulness – 9:7-21
- The keeping of the promise to God’s people – 9:7-8
- The deliverance of God’s people – 9:9-12
- The guidance and direction of God’s people – 9:13-15
- The grace and mercy of God – 9:16-21
Application: Are you rehearsing God’s past grace so you can rest in His future grace?
Key Thought: The closer you get to God, the more aware you are of your sin. Are you willing to go there?
Questions to Ponder this Week
- Do you ask God to make you more sensitive and aware of your sin?
- Are you seeking God’s face of holiness or His hand of blessing only?
- In your prayer time, do you rehearse the goodness of God to you in order to give you confidence in an uncertain future?