Nehemiah Delegates the Work - Nehemiah 3:1-12
Nehemiah Delegates the Work
Nehemiah 3:1 – 32
The Organization of the Team – Nehemiah 3:1
- The team workers were organized and directed by spiritual leaders
- The team workers were recognized individually by God
- The team workers each had their own area of responsibility
Application: God provides structure and a chain of command to fulfill His kingdom work.
The Cooperative Effort of the Team
Application: Every Christ follower is a vitally important part of the team for the work of the kingdom
The Work of the Team- 3:1 - 32
- Sheep Gate – speaks of the cross of Christ
- Fish Gate – speaks of winning souls to Christ
- Old Gate – speaks of the old nature we battle continually
- Valley Gate – speaks of the humility, suffering and testings we must face as Christ followers
- Dung Gate – speaks of the works of the flesh
- Fountain Gate – speaks of the ministry of the Holy Spirit
- Water Gate – speaks of the Word of God
- Horse Gate – speaks of the believer’s warfare
- East Gate – speaks of the second coming of Christ
- Inspection Gate – speaks of judgment and the judgment seat of Christ
Application: God uses the imagery of the gates to give us a picture of the Christian life.
Key Thought: When a team works in unison to execute God’s plan, there is nothing that can thwart God’s kingdom work.
Questions to Ponder this Week
- Are you supportive of the structure and authority of the local church as described in God’s Word?
- Are you a team player or a lone ranger when it comes to serving in the local church?
- Do you see the value and importance of working in unison as a team to accomplish God’s kingdom work?